Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wednesday July 27th

I was up at the childrens' desk from 8:30 to 10:30, pulling books for holds. We have story time Wednesdays at 10:00, so there was a bit of a rush just a little before that. Kids want to get their prizes before it ends Saturday. While I was up there, I straightened the picture book area and made sure my teen display of Beach Reads was up to par.

I started reading an ARC titled Ghosts in the Fog: The Untold Story of Alaska's WWII Invasion. I love WWII books, so I'm feeling pretty good about it, and it's a non-fiction to break away from the books I've been reading a lot of lately: Queer YA, humorous juvenile,

After lunch, I made these super-cool Judy Moody mood rings for my kids book discussion meeting next week! We'll be talking about Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer. They can choose one of the colored jewels to match their mood. I just threaded a pipecleaner through a little piece of craft foam and used Aleen's to affix it. Don't you just love tacky glue?! I don't know what I would do without it.
I think they turned out pretty well! And just look how pretty they are next to my everyday ring!
I was pretty bummed to see my coworker walk into the office this afternoon with more puppets to be hot glued. So the three mouth puppets I didn't fix on Monday got to be repaired today. Our show was in the local paper at the beginning of the summer and it has been very successful, but, good God, is it over yet?! It's a lot of time and stress.

But some very exciting news is that John Green announced that his next book, The Fault in Our Stars, which was set for publication in May, has been moved up to January!! Now I ask you, what more could a girl want? Well, maybe for it to come out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment