Friday, July 29, 2011

Thursday July 28th

The administrative assistant for my office is on vacation this week. So today I did her job and pulled items booked for other branches. We house the youth services materials that are used to programs and story times: big books, puppets, games, theme packs, etc. I got all the booked items, checked them out to the requesters, got them ready for delivery and took it up to the dock. Then, I had a little time before lunch, so I caught up on my blog reading.

After lunch I went to a branch to present the Summer Reading Club puppet show. If you haven't loaded and unloaded a van full of equipment in 105 degree heat with a heat index of 115, you don't know what you're missing! My manager came to the show today, and she said we did a good job, but there were only about 30 people there. The audience wasn't participating much even though we were trying to engage them, which was a bummer, but that's how it goes sometimes.

I got back to my office with about an hour left in my day, so I went up to the dock to get materials that were returned to us. While I was checking everything in, I came across the cutest dog puppet! He's a black lab and he's simply adorable. I went over to a coworker and started panting and licking her. She quoted The Pigeon Wants a Puppy and we laughed way too hard about this dog. Everyone should have this much fun at their job!

No comments:

Post a Comment