Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Monday July 25th

I came in and chatted with my coworkers about my weekend, which happened to be my birthday. That meant that I brought in my birthday flowers from my girlfriend to brag and adorn my desk and make the workspace a little cheerier!

I was up at the childrens' desk from 8:30-10:30 pulling books for holds, shelving DVDs and helping patrons. We have several great teen volunteers who help with the Summer Reading Club table, but none were in Monday morning, so I gave prizes out to kids also.

The rest of the morning was spent working on a game and a craft for my Tuesday story time.
In the afternoon I had to do some surgery on our puppets for the Summer Reading Club puppet show. Two of our mouth puppets had come completely unglued up the back. The heavy-duty high-temp glue we use on them takes forever to cool and harden.

I also caught up on my favorite blogs. Then I finished out the day reading The World According to Humphrey and coming up with questions for my childrens book discussion group. We aren't talking about the book until next month, but I am giving them all their copies next week and I like to have a bookmark in there with the questions I'll be asking. That way, they can look over them beforehand and be at least somewhat prepared. Otherwise, they just give my blank looks when I ask anything more thought-provoking than "Did you like the book?".

No comments:

Post a Comment